Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Thursday, November 3, 2016

Contentment in Giving God the Glory

     

                     

      How many times do we do things and expect glory or fame?  When did we lose sight of why we are here?  We are here to bring glory to God in all we do and say.  We are here to point others to Him. I know I have failed my Lord in this area.  I take credit for the gifts He has bestowed upon me.  I forget that nothing I do will matter in the big scheme of things.   Unless  I am showing others His love and they choose to serve Him and have a true relationship with Him, I have not served my purpose here on this earth.  It's not about me and what I have done. It is all about Him and the salvation He has provided to us if we just believe.

      Many times we lose sight of the bigger picture.  We are only here for a short time and I don't want to waste my time doing things that will only bring attention to myself.  It is so hard in this world to keep our eyes on Christ and the only prize that really matters.  That prize is eternal life with our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  Everything on this earth will pass away.  It is souls that will go on for eternity.

      I have really had a burden to help others see the love of God lately.  With all the horrible things going on in this world today,  there is no peace except in Christ.  We need to give others the hope we have been given through Jesus.  We don't need to fear.  He is in control.  If we are only living to please man and receive fame through our accomplishments, how is the world going to know Christ? How is our pride going to lead others to Him?  It is in our humility and kindness, we will really make a difference in this world.

      I believe we need to do many things in secret.  I believe if acts of kindness are done in secret, then God will be given the glory, not man.  Lately I have been concerned about how we give our money and tithes.  Many use checks or put cash in envelopes telling who gave what.  I don't believe we should bring attention to ourselves in our giving.  It also puts pressure on other families who may not be able to give as much as another family.  God knows our hearts and He will bless those who obey Him in their giving.  We don't need man's approval only God's!  If you are giving just to show off what you have, that is not truly a gift of the heart.  If you give and no one knows you gave, that is pleasing to the Lord as He will get the glory.

    I love these verse in Matthew 6:1-4 ~ “Be careful not to practice your righteousness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. “So when you give to the needy, do not announce it with trumpets, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full.  But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,  so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.

     I am writing this post not just for you, but for me too.  I need to be reminded each day that my life needs to be surrendered to God and I don't need man's reward.  Everything I do and say should bring glory to Him and not myself.  I am praying for humility.  I will pray for each of you reading this as well.  

                     

Challenge #4
Sit down as a family and talk about blessing another family with a meal or something special.  When you give this gift, do so in secret.  
This will teach your children that it is not important to get credit for giving.  It is more important to point others to Christ. 

In this gift, you can add a little note card that expresses
 God's love and blessings for them. 
 It should include a Bible verse. 

Here are a few you can save and print. 










If you have not yet downloaded our little workbook on contentment, here is the link once again .


No comments:

Post a Comment