Today, I would like to share five reasons why family devotions are important.
- Putting God first is essential to your families spiritual health. As you read His Word together, you will grow closer to Him and closer as a family.
- It gives you a time to talk about important elements of the Bible. After you read a passage, take time to answer questions and discuss what the verses were saying to you. Talk about how you can apply them to your everyday life.
- Studying God's Word as a family unit will give you the opportunity to reinforce the character training that you are instilling in your children.
- Family devotions provides a chance to encourage one another spiritually and emotionally. It brings UNITY!
- A family that prays together stays together. Use this time to teach your children how to pray. We take turns praying each evening. It gives everyone a chance to talk to their Heavenly Father and a time to thank Him for being an awesome God.