Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Saturday, November 26, 2016

Come Take a Peek at Our Thanksgiving




       These last two days have been filled with love, joy and lots of good food. We really enjoyed family time.

    On Thursday, we just had our little family of five here to celebrate this holiday of gratitude. We started our day out with a wonderful breakfast as we watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade.  It was a great time of conversation and just relaxing with each other.  No deadlines, interruptions or places to be.  It was heavenly!  

     After the parade we decided to make our Thanksgiving Banner.  We love arts and crafts so this is one of our favorite traditions. It's so neat seeing the different banners we create each year. 


     Our kiddos love to play games, so while we waited for our turkey to finish roasting, we played a game of Yahtzee.  It was Hope's first time playing it and  she loved it.  Joshy said he liked it because he could use his math skills. It was so much fun our cheeks ached from all the laughter. 😉


     Before we filled our tummies, we decided to sit around the table and write what we are thankful for.  My heart jumped for joy when I heard what these kiddos wrote.  My favorite was what Ryan wrote.  He said "And best of all, I am thankful for Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior."  Oh when a child professes his love for Jesus, I just tear up.  They are so real and honest.

      We all went to bed that evening with full tummies and happy hearts. 

        On Friday evening we had Thanksgiving Day Part II. Our son and soon to be daughter in love, along with our second daughter were able to all come over to celebrate with us. It was great having them here.  We missed our oldest daughter and her husband, but the newlyweds live in Kansas right now. We are looking forward to them coming home for Christmas. It's not easy celebrating holidays without them, but God has a good plan for their lives.  

      After enjoying a feast for the second day, we were able to get a few photos of our precious kiddos that I will cherish for a lifetime.  Aren't they gorgeous?  


       I am so very thankful for my family. I won't ever take one day with them for granted again.  They grow up so quickly. My older ones were adults in what seems to be just a blink of an eye. I wish I had taken more time to enjoy them as they grew up. It has sure taught me to be grateful for every minute of every day. 

     I hope you have enjoyed looking into our home.  I pray you had a blessed holiday!  
    




No comments:

Post a Comment