Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Tick Tock, Tick Tock.... The Character Quality of Punctuality

     

     
     Time is so very precious.  I believe it is more precious than silver and gold.  We never know how much time we have left do we?  Each minute needs to be spent like it could be our last.  I want to talk about the character quality of punctuality today.  If we are not punctual, we are not only wasting our time, but the time of others as well. 

      Many times we forget that in our procrastination, we are using the valuable time of those who are waiting for us.  It really comes down to respect for others doesn't it?  If we say we are going to do something or be somewhere at a certain time, we need to have integrity and DO IT!   Be on time!  Being punctual means we value others and their precious time.  

     In order to be punctual we must learn time management. I think there are a few other character qualities we need to discuss, that help us learn to be good managers of our time.  These are orderliness, creativity, and initiative.   

      Organization is the key to orderliness.  When we are organized we are more efficient with our time.  If we are running around searching for things we can't find, due to lack of organization, we tend to be late for events, school, or work.  When our things are organized and tidy, we can find them quickly and we will be able to head out the door on time.  My advice to you is to find a method of organization that works for you and your family.  There are some great books and websites that can help you find ways to keep your homes in order.  One of my favorites websites is OrganizingHomelife.  Here you will find great ideas on organizing every room of your home and some great free printables.  

     Are you creative? Can you think of new ways to complete tasks in order to be more time efficient?  You know your family well, and I am positive you can sit down and come up with a plan that will suit the needs of your family.   Each family is different and that is why we need to be creative in how we approach tasks.  If one way is not working, we must search for new ways to accomplish our duties.  

     Initiative is our eagerness to do something.  We must push ourselves to be punctual.  When we take actions that will drive our families to be on time, they will be!  We can't just sit back and expect them to be motivated.  If we take the lead, and we show them how to be conscientious with their time, they will learn by our example and in turn they will become punctual adults.  This will be a great asset in the workforce!!!  

     If you have trouble being punctual, I encourage you to sit down as a family and come up with a game plan.  Have a plan of action in order for your family to get where they need to be on time. This will take a group effort! You can do it!!!!  It will be worth your time and effort.  
     


Would you like to read about how we manage time in our home? Here is our post on  Time Management.

1 comment:

  1. Ha, it was like you were talking right to me! I am just not a get there early kind of person. I am almost always running late, or just getting there on time. I was even late for my own wedding (Limo driver showed up late to bring my bridesmaids and I to the wedding after getting our hair done.)So, I can honestly say this is an issue for our family. I think our biggest issue is that with our ADHD and business of being a Mom, I want to get as much done as I can before we leave. Whether it be finishing up a lesson, finishing breakfast, finishing the load of laundry, etc. I tend to think, I have enough time to just get this one thing done and then we will leave. I need to stop thinking that way and just leave! You gave a nice perspective to start thinking about the time of others we are wasting. Something for sure our family needs to start thinking more about.

    ReplyDelete