Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Tuesday, January 3, 2017

My Word for 2017.... {Free Goal Setting Worksheets}


     During the month of December, I prayed about what I wanted to focus on in 2017.  Time after time I kept getting the word faithful.

     It is so easy in a world of compromise, to begin to make little compromises in our lives.  I do not want to be a person who compromises their faith in order to please man.  I want to be called a faithful servant of Christ.  

     On New Year's eve, I sat down to make a journal page for my word. One song came to mind as I was writing.  The song is "Find Us Faithful" by Steve Green.  The lyrics are powerful and resonate with me.  I want to be an example of faithfulness.  I want those who come after me to consider my life as one that was lived with an unwavering faith in God and a steadfast obedience to His Word. 



     When my 9 year old daughter saw me making a journal page, she asked if she could make one too.  I explained to her what I was doing and she said "Mama, I have a word for 2017 too".   I was excited to hear what her word was. 

    Her name is Hope and her word for 2017 is Hopeful.   One of her favorite verses is Jeremiah 29:11, and she said she wants to focus on being hopeful about her future that God has planned for her.  She said she knows He has a good plan for her life and she will pray each day that He reveals it to her. 



      In the new year, I am also going to remember that I have nothing to prove.  I am a daughter of the King and I only need to live a life that is pleasing to Him.  I use to be so hard on  myself when I felt I wasn't enough, then I read an incredible book, that I will be sharing more about at the end of this month, and it changed my way of thinking.  I am not enough, but GOD IS!!!!  He is there to fill in the gaps where I am lacking.  He is my strength when I am weak, and my shield when I am being attacked.  He is ENOUGH! I do not require man's approval because His grace and mercy have made me right with Him.  I will wake up everyday praying a prayer of surrender to His plans and I will be obedient to His Word.  If man doesn't understand what God has called us to do, that's okay, we only need to have God's approval.  

So whether we are at home or away, we make it our
 aim to please him. 

~ 2 Corinthians 5:9 ~

     Do you have a word for 2017?  Is there something the Lord has laid on your heart that you need to focus on?  I don't really believe in making new years resolutions, but I do believe in having goals and writing them down.  Personally I like making out a goal sheet once a month to help keep me on track.  If I set short term goals and work on them one by one, they will have a long term impact on my life. 

    Today I have a few goal setting worksheets for you and your children.  It is so important for us to encourage our kids to meet their goals and for them to see us meeting our goals.  I hope these will help you to accomplish what the Lord is calling you to do over the next 12 months.  These worksheets can be used for short term monthly goals or long term yearly goals.  😊

To save these for personal use, just hover over the image you want to save,
 right click, and choose "save image as..."


















4 comments:

  1. lovely! I am not doing a word for the year but more of a feeling...reckless enthusiasm :-) Love getting our kids involved and thoughtful to start the year with intention!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the printable! My word is "Restore" - but a few years ago it was "Faithful" - God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great word! I LOVE your journal page. My word is Joy!

    ReplyDelete