Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Monday, October 3, 2016

Monday Mornings with Jesus: Letting Go



     Lately I have been battling with myself.  I pray about situations, give them to God.... then within days (sometimes hours), I take them back and try to take care of things myself.  I know this isn't going to get me anywhere, so why do I do it?  Oh that's right .... it is because I am HUMAN!

     I think many times we beat ourselves up over being human.  Now don't get me wrong I am not saying we shouldn't strive to be godly men and women of God, with a purpose not to sin, but we know we will fail.  We will not be perfect until the day the Lord returns.  The best thing to do when we fall is to pray.   We need to get down on our knees and pray for the Lord to give us strength to get up and press on. 

     I know I need this advice today.  I need to stop trying to do things on my own and rely on Him instead.  I know I have a part to do, but His strength covers my weakness.  

But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all 
the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that
 Christ's power may rest on me.  ~ 2 Corinthians 12:9

    When I read this verse today, I felt like it was written to me.  My heart filled with joy as I read those words on the page.  I can boast about my weakness because then Christ's power will rest on me.  I can be weak, because in my weakness His power is made perfect.  God is there.  He wants to help along this journey.  I am not alone!  I can rest in Him!  

    I felt someone, other than me, needed to read this today.  I pray that this post has given someone the encouragement they needed to let go and let God have their life.  Stop trying to be supermom or superdad.  Take off your super suit and rest in the Lord today.  It's okay!  

 Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass. ~ Psalm 37:7

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You are welcome Susan. Thank you for sharing. 🙂

      Delete
  2. AMEN! Thank you for reminding me that we can boast in weakness today because Christ's strength is manifest through us! #AWiseWomanBuildsHerhome

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. God is so good!

      Delete