Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Friday, August 16, 2019

HOMESCHOOLING HIGH SCHOOL: Words of Encouragement


     Today is the last day of the NOT BACK TO SCHOOL BLOG HOP.  If your a homeschooling family or someone thinking you may want to begin homeschooling, this would be a great time for you to read the posts from other homeschooling families and the best part is they are all in one place.  

2019 Annual Not Back to School Homeschool Blog Hop
************************************************************************************************************************************

     On this final day, I would like to write a post to help encourage the moms and dads out there who think it may be too difficult to homeschool your high school student. With God, nothing is impossible!  

     I use to think I was not smart enough or not capable of teaching my older kids the subjects they needed to graduate. I would sit down at the end of the day and cry because I was worried that I wasn't enough for them.  One day as I was crying on my bedroom floor, I began to pray.  My heart was heavy.  I was full of anxiety.  I knew only God could help me through this.  I needed His strength and His peace to come and take over my nervous mind.  

     After spending hours in prayer and reading my Bible I felt a peace wash over me.  I knew that alone I wasn't equipped to be all my kids needed, but with GOD and His power and wisdom, I was enough.  I knew He would lead me to the right curriculum and the right classes if I would lean on and trust in Him.  He gave my husband and I the task of taking care of and teaching these children, He would be there every step of the way as we taught them.  All we had to do is obey Him and let Him be the leader of our home. 

     I won't say that doubt never tried to take over my thoughts again, but I knew when those thoughts tried to creep in, I needed to stop and pray and ask God for help.  I was no longer afraid.

     Do you ever feel like homeschooling the upper grades may be too hard or overwhelming for you? Are you afraid that you won't be able to teach courses like Math and Science?   These are all normal feelings, but in the time, which we live, you don't have to worry any more.  There are so many great online courses and classes to help you teach your children in places where you may lack the knowledge needed. Before these wonderful online classes, it was a bit harder to teach high school students courses such a Calculus, Physics and Trigonometry.  Now these classes are at our fingertips... LITERALLY!  :) There are so many to choose from, you just need to find what fits your family best.  

     Do you feel a little better about homeschooling your child through high school now?  I hope that you do.  Just remember with Christ, you are able to do what He has called you to do! He will always be with you through every moment of joy and sadness.  He will never leave you!!  

      Would you like to read more posts about homeschooling from real homeschooling families? I would encourage you to head on over and read some amazing posts from these blogs below along with the other BLOG HOP posts from this week.  


Kristen Heider @ A Mom's Quest to Teach -Theme: A Quest for a Great Homeschool Year

Patti Pierce - Truth and Grace Homeschool Academy - My Favorite Homeschooling Things

Wendy @ Life on Chickadee Lane - 5 Days of Nature Study

Jacquelin @ A Stable Beginning - Homeschooling my final 4 

Christine @ Life's Special Necessities - Yes! You Can Homeschool Your Special Needs Child

Sally M - Tell the Next Generation - Tips for Homeschooling Struggling Learners 

Kim @ Good Sweet Love - Last Year of Elementary


1 comment:

  1. I love that we can rely upon so many people and resources but in the end God is always with us to see us through.

    ReplyDelete