Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Homeschool Review Crew: Our Review of My School Year Homeschool Record Keeping


     I am a planner!  I love to plan everything out, so when I was chosen to receive and review an  Annual Membership Plan to My School Year Homeschool Record Keeping, I was both excited and a little nervous.  I have never been able to keep records on my computer.  I like having a paper planner.  

     This online planner is put together well and I can see that they have a lot of thought in it. It is the 1st Place Recipient of the Practical Homeschooling's i-Learn Award for best homeschool planner.  It is designed for large or small homeschooling families wanting to keep records for classes, lessons, attendance, events, grades, and extra curricular activities. As a mom who has been homeschooling for over 21 years, I can see where this would be a valuable tool for families.  It's just not a good fit for a mom who is set in her ways.  I still prefer doing my record keeping the old fashion way. I guess you really can't teach an old dog new tricks 😉

     I did use the program for a while,  so I could share some of the wonderful aspects of it with you.  After you set up an account, you list your school and student names and the dates you will being doing school for this particular session.  It was a little difficult to set up, but I was impressed with the videos that helped explain how to use the program and how to set up each section.  


     I think the sections I find most helpful are the attendance records and calendar.  









     The Calendar looks very useful for families on a schedule.  I feel it would help you stay on time for events, lessons and activities and with emails that remind you daily of your scheduled activities and anything that you need to complete, you won't forget what is going on that day or what you may need to finish up from previous days. When we had 6 kids at home, I think this would have been great!  Since we are down to only 2 students, we really don't have the need for a digital calendar like this one, but it looks wonderful!!!



     I like that fact that you can change the settings to your preference and you choose what to track such as events, reading logs, awards, grades, and so on.  They even have a section to record standardized testing results.  In our state, we have to either get our children tested with the CAT or assessed by a teacher, so this section would be great to record those testing results.  

     So, my review is that this is an amazing program for homeschooling families who love the digital world and who are comfortable using it on a daily basis.  I feel this would be a great fit for families that have a very busy schedule and need to keep up with many activities.  I also think that if you are one who hasn't already been homeschooling and planning on paper for years, you need to give this online planner a chance.  You may save hours and hours of time if you do.  I would never want to discourage someone from using a resource just because it wasn't for me. 

     Would you like to learn more about this program?  I would suggest heading over to their site and visiting their social media pages listed below:  



     
     We also have more reviews of this product over on the Homeschool Review Crew site.
  Just click the link below 
👇👇👇👇👇👇

Annual Membership Homeschool Record Keeping  {My School Year Homeschool Record Keeping Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment