Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Homeschool Review Crew: Our Review of Online Times Alive


 I have always enjoyed Math.  It was hard for me to see some of my children struggle with it. The frustration they were feeling was only multiplied when they had dozens of workbook pages to do.  I tried to make it fun for them, but it was not always a good experience for us.  


     Over the last month or so,  our family has had the opportunity to review  OnlineTimes Alive  from CityCreek Press, Inc. These are online lessons with animated songs and stories to help you learn multiplication.    

      If you have kids who have difficulties with multiplication, this program may just be the answer you have been looking for.  I am always skeptical at first, but I promise this program will not disappoint you. I love it!!! 

     Our twelve year old daughter Hope has been using the program, and she loves it.  This program not only teaches children their times tables, it is a great tool to help them brush up on those skills every once in a while.   I think even adults could use this program to help keep our knowledge of these skills fresh.  With cell phones that have calculators built right in these days, it is easy to just whip them out instead of using our minds to multiply and that could lead to our brains becoming lazy in this area.  




  We were given a 6 month online subscription to this amazing program. The requirements for using this product is an internet connection, speakers/headphones and a computer.  I like that it is a monthly subscription and you can use it until you are finished and then stop subscribing.  Our daughter is flying through these lessons and is now more confident in her multiplication skills. 




       The process of logging on to the program was simple. After signing in with your user name and password, you just pick a log in name for your child and off you go. After we got Hope signed in, it began to track her progress in the lessons and quizzes.  It also kept track of the time it took her to complete each task.  I also like the fact you can print things such as tests and even progress reports.  This is a wonderful way to keep your child's work if you do a portfolio for them each year. 





   Learning multiplication facts is not always fun and isn't easy for some students.  This online program makes learning the times tables from 0 to 9 enjoyable.  Our children do not even realize they are learning because of the fun games and stories.      




The site is easy to navigate and the directions are simple to follow.  Your child can learn at their own pace and that is important to me.  I don't want to frustrate my child.  I want them to enjoy learning.  


  

     For those who enjoy learning on the go, there is a Times Alive App.  I have tried the one for the iPhone 8 and it works well.   There is a lite version that you can try for free before buying the full version for just $14.99.  This app will teach your children just like the online version for the computer. I think younger kids would love to play this while on long car rides or while mom is shopping for groceries.  

     I always like having a glimpse of a how a program works before I try it so here are their social media page links to give you a deeper look into the program: 


     I hope you have time to check out their site and choose for yourself.  If you would like to read more reviews, just click on the link below  πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡

Online Times Alive {City Creek Press, Inc. Reviews}

No comments:

Post a Comment