Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Monday, September 24, 2018

So, I Can't Bake An Apple Pie {Free Bookmark Printable}



     A few years ago I thought that I had to be able to do everything in order to be a good homeschool mom and wife. I would get upset with myself because I couldn't sew, bake, or can fruits and vegetables.  I would see other women doing it and I felt like a failure. Pinterest pins would send me into a depression.  It made me feel so inadequate. I was not a "SUPERMOM" like all the other moms I was following on social media.  
     What was wrong with me?  Why couldn't I bake a perfect apple pie with homemade ice cream on the side?  Why couldn't I make a perfect little dress for my little girl?  I'll tell you why..... its
because I am not called to do those things.  They are not on my list of gifts that the Lord gave to me.  He made me who I am and He equipped me for the things He has called me to do.  




     The Lord has a purpose for us.  He doesn't give everyone the same gifts and talents because that would not provide us with the tools to meet the goals He has for us. I quickly learned that if you try to do it all, you won't be able to do anything with excellence. You get burned out.  You question your abilities.  Instead of walking out the purpose God has for you right now, you go down a trail of disappointments.  Why? I believe its because God only furnishes us with what we need for the particular season we are in. He may change our skills throughout life so they will be conducive to the mission He calls us to carry out, but for now we need to rest in knowing we are doing just what we are suppose to be doing and that God will never fail to give us what we need to get it done.

     One of my favorite quotes on this subject is found in the book The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst: “Like a tree, a woman can’t carry the weight of two seasons simultaneously. In the violent struggle of trying, she’ll miss every bit of joy each season promises to bring.”  Can I get an Amen here?  Are you tired of trying to carry out things that you are not designed for? 



     It is time to break free from the "Supermom" mentality.I had to come to the realization that what I was believing in my head just wasn't true.  There is no one who can do everything perfectly.  I had to realize that the posts and pins I was reading were women with different callings than mine.  They were making dresses while I was writing an article.  They were baking pies while I was teaching my children.  They enjoyed canning while I enjoyed organizing my cabinets in the kitchen.  

      Could you imagine a world where there was no diversity in skills and  expertise?  Well that just wouldn't work well would it? God knew we would all need particular abilities for the sake of the call on our lives.  My favorite verse on purpose is Proverbs 19:21. "Many are the plans in a person's heart, but it is the Lord's purpose that prevails."  God has a good plan for each of us.  We just need to follow Him and allow Him to guide us along the way. 

      Are you ready to eliminate the frustrations of trying to live up to the expectations in your mind? Are you ready to live a life that is free to accomplish the goals you are equipped for?  Give yourself grace and just be who God called you to be!!!!  






      Here are some great bookmarks for you to print out.  I hope they are a blessing to you. 


To print these out just hover over the image, right click
 and choose "save image as..." 


1 comment:

  1. Very true and heart felt post. We all need to just chill out and be our best today mom.��

    ReplyDelete