Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Homeschool Review Crew: Super Teacher Worksheets


     Recently we were given the opportunity to review an Individual Membership from Super Teacher Worksheets.  I was excited to see all the wonderful resources when I was browsing through the site. I decided to use a few of their worksheets for our 5th-grade daughter.    

     We were given a one-year subscription, so I am going to be using it to supplement our curriculum throughout the year. The yearly subscription only costs $19.95. Such a great value for all the worksheets they have available on their site.

     They have subjects such as math, reading, spelling, phonics, science, handwriting, grammar, and social studies.  They also have some special worksheets that include: holidays, chapter books, puzzles, brain teasers, and teacher helper pages.  I was a bit overwhelmed at first but once I decided on a gameplan, they fit right into our agenda.  

     The one subject that really caught my eye was the spelling worksheets.  I was having trouble finding a good spelling program for our daughter so we decided to try these worksheets. Each list has 20 words to memorize, 3 review words, and 2 challenge words.  This makes 25 in total.   I think that is a perfect amount of words for a weekly test. 

     Not only does this site give you a list of words to use weekly, it also gives you worksheets that will help your child to remember their words.  They have questions about their spelling words for your child to answer, word scrambles, and even word search worksheets.  I was also excited to see flashcards that you can print.  Our daughter loved that each week, there is a printable spelling test for her to use. 

     My daughter loves math.  She is intrigued with her multiplication facts.  When she saw all the wonderful worksheets she asked me to print some out for her to supplement her math curriculum.  I was pleasantly surprised to see how many different worksheets there were to help children learn their multiplication facts.  I liked that they used practical ways to teach them how they will use math in everyday life.  


     Hope is new to writing as she struggled for years to learn to read, but she is catching on very quickly.  I decided to use some of the wonderful writing worksheets we found on the site.  They had so many do to pick from, but we managed to pick a few that caught her eye.  The writing prompts were great.  They had some creative journal pages that she enjoyed doing. This was her favorite.  She loves to think of ways to help others so this was a perfect fit for her.   


     We were very impressed with all the wonderful worksheets found on the Super Teacher Worksheets website.  If you would like to learn more about them I would encourage you to check out their site and their social media pages: 

      We also have more reviews for this resource here
 ⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊
Super Teacher Worksheets

No comments:

Post a Comment