Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Thursday, December 15, 2016

Do You Pray for Your Spouse?

    


 I have been a married woman for over 23 years now, and it has been quite a wild roller coaster ride.  There have been so many difficulties over the years.  I wish I would have had a mentor when I was a young bride to come along beside me and help me to see what was needed to be a good wife.  I thought a good wife cooked, cleaned, and took care of her man, but there is so much more to it than that. 

    The best thing we can do for our spouses is to pray for them each day.  Even before we say "I do", we should be praying for our mate.

     As a wife, I want my husband to feel that I am his best friend and that I am here to encourage him in this journey.  God has called him to lead our family and to provide for our needs.  That is why it is so important for me to pray for him constantly throughout the day.  Satan seeks to destroy our marriages and families in any way he can, and we need to combat his strategies with prayer.  

      In Proverbs 31 verses 11 and 12 it says The heart of her husband trusts in her, and he will have no lack of gain. She does him good, and not harm, all the days of her life.   Our husbands should be able to count on us to be there for them. We should lift them up.  We should be their helpers.  We should not speak unkindly of our husbands with anyone.  If we gossip and backbite our husbands it will just open a door for the devil to seek and destroy our marriages.  

      There are many times throughout our days we can stop and pray for our spouses.  As soon as we wake up and see them lying next to us, we can pray.  Pray that God will protect them.  Pray that God will use them in a mighty way as they go about their day.  Ask God to strengthen your marriage. Pray that He will help guard your hearts and minds from the evils that may attack during the day. Surrender your marriage to God so He can use it for His glory. As the day goes on, you can stop and pray each time you think about your spouse.  These prayers do not need to be long and drawn out. Just ask the Lord to guide, protect, and strengthen your spouse as the day carries on.

     In the evenings, we need to pray with our partners.  Open your hearts and just be honest in praying for your families and marriages. Give God full control of them.  Allow Him to do a good work in the lives of you and your children. Right before going to sleep, stop, and pray one more time for the person lying next to you. Pray for them to sleep well and to wake up feeling refreshed and ready to serve God in everything they do and say.

     It is important to allow your children to see you praying with and for your spouse.  I had no idea how important praying for my husband was, so I want my children to realize this before they get married.  


Here are a couple of prayers that can help get you started as you begin praying for your spouse daily.




1 comment:

  1. I love this! I was told to pray for my husband too even if I didnt think I was going to get married. And now I pray with him.This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete