Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Friday, December 4, 2020

Preparing Our Hearts {Free Mini-Workbook for Christmas}

     

 It is so easy to get caught up in the hustle and bustle of the Christmas season, but I believe we need to take time out to focus on the real reason for this time.   Jesus came to earth as a tiny baby and we need to remember that is why we rejoice at Christmas, but that is only part of the good news.  The rest of the story is the fact that He came to die for our sins.  He chose to enter our world, live among us, and then He chose to die on the cross so that our sins could be forgiven. His sacrifice took the penalty for our transgressions.  He conquered death so that we might have eternal life with Him and He only asks that we believe on Him.

      His amazing grace brings both joy and sorrow to my life.  I am so thankful that He pours out His grace on me everyday, but I am sad that I have trouble extending this same grace to others.  I want so much to be more like our Savior.  My prayer is that I can love on others like He does  I want to show His love through the way I live my daily life.

     As this wonderful holiday approaches, I find myself wanting more and more of Him.  I love spending time with my family and watching them enjoy the joy that this season brings, but I don't want to lose sight of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I want Him to be at the center of our home and our main focus this month.



     I have some great activities planned for the kiddos this month to remind them of His love and wonderful gift of salvation that began with the day He was born.
 


    We are doing an Advent study with a different theme each week.  The first week we focused on hope. We will also be studying love, joy and peace. It keeps our hearts centered on Christ.  


    We also love our going through our names of Jesus ornaments. We look up the verses where these names are found.  It is all about keeping our eyes on Him.
 





    What are you doing to proclaim Him?  How will you show Him glory and laud this month? Do you have family traditions that keep you focused on Christ? 


           I have made a mini-workbook for you to download and print for use in your homes this season.  I hope it blesses you!  




To download this study, just click the link below the image.


No comments:

Post a Comment