Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Homeschool Review Crew: Our Review of CrossWired Science



     Recently we were given the opportunity to receive and review a years subscription to  Sound, and Fluid Dynamics from CrossWired Science.  I love using Science resources that point my children to Christ. CrossWired Science goes out of their way to show the Glory of God through his creation.  It is a blessing to have a company do this. 



     Let me a share a little bit about this product. CrossWired Science is a new company and is still working on building access to many more videos over time. When I first logged on the site didn't have much for me to look at, but now they have so much more for you to see.  There are sample units and many little exerts of videos they have or will have. 

     Right now at the time of this post, They are offering a special on their digital subscriptions.  During the months of April 2019 and May 2019, as it is their launching year, you will get a few extra months to experience their videos if you purchase the yearly subscription now.  How great is that?

     This curriculum can be used as supplemental material or it can stand alone.  It is designed for ages 4-18.  The littles will love watching the videos and your older students will be challenged as they watch the videos and go through the questions at the end.  There are two ways to explore the videos.  They have First Timers and Second Timers.  When beginning the program I suggest going through the First Timers set.  Once you have fully finished these, then go on to the Second Timers.  These videos are the same, but will encourage more learning and digging deeper into the subjects being taught. 







     We personally used this as supplemental material.  Our daughter loves to explore nature and creation.  She enjoyed watching the videos 3 or 4 times a week and she did well answering the questions at the end of each segment.  There is also a box that pops up to take notes on what you are learning.  I thought that was really cool. 


     There are fun Science experiments to do as well.  We will be doing many of them over our summer break to keep our minds focused on learning even while we take some time off.  Science experiments are a great way to learn and have fun at the same time.  I am looking forward to working through the ones on the site. 

      




     I felt the site was easy to navigate.  The only problem I had was logging on at first, but once I got on it was a breeze.  As I said they are still in the launching phase so be patient with them.  You won't be disappointed with their resources.  My daughter also said she had no problem getting to her courses and she isn't good with computers 😊

     I like that the site keeps records of your students grades on the little question sections and allows parents to see the progress of their children.  The site has a great help section that will walk you through purchasing your subscription to how to use the curriculum with your child.  I love when a site has these little helps for me. It shows they care for their subscribers and want them to be able to use the product with ease.  

     I would encourage you to go and check out CrossWired Science for yourself.  I think this site has great possibilities as they grow.  I know we will continue using it over the next year.   

     We have more reviews of this material for you read over here
👇👇👇👇👇
     

Sound, and Fluid Dynamics {CrossWired Science Reviews}
HAVE A GREAT EASTER WEEKEND!


No comments:

Post a Comment