Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Friday, February 22, 2019

HOMESCHOOL REVIEW CREW : OUR REVIEW OF IXL

     Our family enjoys trying new online classes. Especially ones that offer many different levels and subjects.  Recently we were chosen to receive and review IXL Learning, a full comprehensive  K-12 online curriculum.  We were given a full year membership to IXL.  This is always a blessing for our family and gives us plenty of time to complete courses that our kids are interested in.




     IXL, has 14 Levels for 2 of their subjects, Math and Language Arts. Social Studies and Science begin at level D and end with Level J.  They also have IXL Spanish that teaches 140 skills in their 7 units of study.  If you are nervous about picking a level for your child they have diagnostic testing that will help you figure out what level your child will need first.  I love that!  No guess work!  I also like that they reward students for their progress.  You get a certificate and virtual prizes.  Kids love seeing their hard work being recognized.  



          Once I received our log in information, I wanted to take a look around the site. I was so pleased with the way it was set up. It is easy to navigate and so colorful.  There is a parents section where I can check up on how my kids are doing and make sure they are logging in to do their work. After looking over the site, I set up 2 accounts.  One for my daughter Hope, who is 11 and one for my son Josh, who is 14.  I wasn't sure what levels they needed at that point be we figured it out quickly as soon as they logged on.

     When we first started the program, Josh was finishing up some other projects, but Hope was able to dive right in.  We chose Level G for her Math and Language Arts.  She loved working through the questions and didn't have any issues. 

     I spent some time sitting with Hope to see how the program worked. It was good to see that when your child gets an answer wrong it explains how the right answer was obtained to help your child learn where they made a mistake. If you see that your child is struggling in an area too long, the program gives you other lessons that may be a better fit on the bottom of the page.  It's very intuitive.  

      When Josh was ready to begin, he started working through the Level K as he is in the 9th grade,  It didn't take long until we saw he would need to go ahead a few levels in Math.  He is doing Level M for it and Level K for Language Arts.  It's nice to have the luxury of choosing what is best for him.

     All kids are different and that is what make this program unique.  There is some level that will be a perfect fit.  The skills being taught need to fit where your child is right now and that is what this program does. 

     We are looking forward to taking some Spanish lessons and trying their Social Studies and Science classes once we finish up the books we are working on.  There is so much to take in! I can't wait to explore it more. 

      Just when I thought this resource couldn't get better.... I found out they also have a MOBILE app.  In the app, you can work on your Math and Language Arts skills.  I love that it is on the go! The kids aren't tied to a desktop or laptop in order to do their lessons.  It is very easy to use and works on newer iPhones, iPads, and Android systems. 




     I hope that I have given you some great reasons to check out this program.  It could be a great fit for your family as well.  

     Would you like to read more reviews for this resource?  We have more reviews from real homeschooling families right here 👇👇👇👇

Immersive, Adaptive Learning Online {IXL Learning Reviews}
They also have social media pages for you to explore:
Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

YouTube


HAVE A BLESSED WEEKEND!


1 comment:

  1. Homeschooling is becoming a trend recently that more and more parents are starting to have their children to do homeschooling, which I think is a good idea because children can choose what they want to learn and it is completely choice free. IXL is a great tool to guide students and parents and provide good exercises. However, when I found out that IXL has a diagnostic program to monitor how students perform, it makes me and my son feel a little bit pressure about it. So in order to keep a balance, I got a website called Beestar, which provides friend worksheets, exercises and some tests, and all of it is easier to handle so that my son is getting less pressure in learning. 

    ReplyDelete