Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Friday, October 2, 2020

What If.....


     


     Yesterday I read a sign that said, “What if we only woke up with what we thanked God for yesterday?”  I know I have seen this quote before, but this time when I read it, it hit me like a ton of bricks.  It was almost immediately convicted of the way I complain about blessings that the Lord has given to us.  Instead of being thankful for what He has provided, I grumble because I must take care of these things. 

     For instance, when I complain about washing dishes, I am taking for granted the fact we have food to eat on them.  When I complain about washing our clothes, I am forgetting that there are many who would love to have our clothing to wear.  When I moan about doing errands, I am saying that I am not thankful for the van we drive and the money to purchase items we need.  Have you ever really thought about that?

     Next month is Thanksgiving. I have decided to take the rest of this month and next to write out things I am thankful for.  Even the little things like a hot cup of tea to warm me when it's cold outside is something to be grateful for.  What if we decided to express our gratitude instead of complaining?  How do you think that would change our days... weeks... months?  I think it would be life changing.

     So the next time you feel like grumbling, speak life instead.  Look around you.  Find something to be thankful for.  Stop and pray and show God how incredibly grateful you are for the things He has given to you.  Stop dwelling on what you don't have and begin praising God for what you do have. There are so many people who would love to have the blessings we have and yet we still gripe and moan about caring for the things we are fortunate to have.  

     I am going to focus on being positive and thankful.  Won't you join me? 


This is the verse I will think on every time
I am tempted to complain.


No comments:

Post a Comment