Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Take A Look Tuesday!


     Our 2018/2019 school year began on August 6th.  This year we only have two kiddos that we are homeschooling.  Our other four children have graduated.  It's sort of weird only having two, but at the same time it is very relaxed. Josh is a Freshman this year and Hope is in 6th grade, so technically we have no more elementary aged kids.  That makes me a little sad, but at the same time I am so happy they are thriving and growing. 











     We are trying a few new things this year.  All our math classes on are online as well as Joshua's science class.  He is also taking some wonderful classes from CodeWizardsHQ.  He has been given a scholarship from them and is doing great!  

     I love our new schedule.  We have been doing some wonderful electives like Latin and Logic together.  It's more fun to work as a family to learn new things like these.  We have our agendas posted on our school cabinet and it can be changed whenever we need to change it because of the wonderful world of post-its. We can switch classes around or add/remove classes when needed.  It gives us freedom, but with structure.  I don't like to follow a strict time schedule but it's good to see what you would like to accomplish for each day. We try to get everything done before my hubby comes home from work so we can spend the evenings together as a family. 


     Another fun addition to our home is my little office nook.  I have always wanted a little place to be able to write where it is quiet and peaceful.  I was able to obtain that this weekend.  We turned our little laundry nook into my "office".  It is very nice and I love it!  I love my hubby for making it happen for me.  I have my blogging calendar, a shelf for my essential oils, my diffuser, a dry erase board, a cork board, a lamp that hooks up to my phone to play audio books or music and a cool blue office chair (thanks IKEA).  It's not big, but it's mine :) 


     So far the year is going well.  Two weeks in and we have gotten a lot done already.  We are looking forward to learning much more together.  I love watching my children grow physically, emotionally and spiritually .  They are such a blessing to me.  

     I pray you have a great school year. I hope you also enjoy reading other blogs that share about their homeschooling journeys like the ones listed below:
Christine @ Christine Howard 
Dawn @ Schoolin' Swag 
Jacquelin @ A Stable Beginning




We would love to have you join us over at the Homeschool Review Crew Blog Hop!


2 comments:

  1. yay on the scholarship to codewizards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks fantastic! I can't imagine what it will be like when my teen is all done school (although this is the first year he is being homeschooled).

    ReplyDelete