Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Friday, June 22, 2018

Finding Time For Your Spouse


    I know after having children, I was completely uninterested in dating my husband.  I was tired by evening and the last thing on my mind was getting dressed up and going out on a date night with him.  Well, that attitude brought problems to my marriage.  My husband felt like I didn't want to be with him.  He felt that the kids meant more to me than he did.  It was a huge issue.  It was something that I needed to deal with immediately.

      Dating your husband or wife has to be a conscience decision on both your parts.  You have to set a date in stone once or twice a month (more if you can)  and not allow anything to interfere with it.  Children are great, but if you don't tend to your marriage, they will suffer as well.  You must make your spouse a top priority.  They should be second only to God.  A good marriage needs maintenance.  In order to keep the lines of communication open, you both have to have time to express yourselves.  That requires you both making time for one another.  Time to really pay close attention to each others needs.

      Date nights do not have to be a huge ordeal.  Simply going out for a cup of coffee and a walk will suffice.  If you don't have money in your budget for dinner and a movie, just go on a moonlight picnic and sit and talk about your hopes and dreams for your family and marriage.  Just make time for each other.  Sit and listen.... really listen to what your lover has to say.

   Wives, I am speaking to you here for a moment.  You need to be sure you are meeting your husbands needs.  They need you to love on them and care for them.  They want your attention just as much as your children do.  They need to know that they mean as much to you now as they did on your wedding day.

     Husbands, you need to put that phone away, turn off the TV, and really listen to what your wives need from you.  Give them your undivided attention.  Watch her love for you bloom in ways you never expected.

      Go have some fun with the one God gave to you!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment