Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Wednesday, January 3, 2018

What is Your Word for 2018?



     Do you have a certain word or attribute that you will focus on in the new year? As I prayed about what my focus would be in 2018, I was given the word Hope.  It's a special word in our home as it is the name of our youngest daughter. I believe this word will help me remember that in all circumstances I have HOPE! This is because my hope is in the Lord not in the things or people of this world.  

     The Biblical definition of hope is to trust in, wait for, look for, or desire something or someone; or to expect something beneficial in the future. Even when things are falling down all around me, I have hope.  Hope that my future is in God's hands.  I trust in Him and Him alone.  



      I have quite a few verses that will help remind me of my word for 2018, but my favorite one is Romans 15:13. This verse says:  "I pray that God, the source of hope, will fill you completely with joy and peace because you trust in him. Then you will overflow with confident hope through the power of the Holy Spirit."

      What a powerful verse! God is our source of HOPE! If we place our trust in Him, we will never lose HOPE! Isn't that incredible news?  I know it brings joy and peace to my soul.  I will not fear for I have a God who loves me and will never fail me. 

     I would love to hear your word for 2018.  If you feel like sharing please comment and let me know what you will be focusing on this year.  
    
      May God bless you and your family this year and beyond.  

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the word hope and how you have quoted encouraging Bible verses to go with it. I like the word "Try" this year.

    ReplyDelete