Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Friday, September 21, 2018

The Harvest



 I love Fall.  It is season of such beauty here in Ohio.  The leaves are changing, the air is crisp and clean, and we begin to celebrate harvest.  When I think of harvest time, I think of the verse found in Galatians.

Do not be deceived: God is not mocked, for whatever one sows, that will he also reap. For the one who sows to his own flesh will from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the Spirit will from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.  ~ Galatians 6:6-9

     We will reap what we sow..... I don't know about you, but that makes me really think about my actions and words.  Whatever we sow now, we will reap later.  Good or bad.

     I think we really need to take this seriously as we raise our children.  What are we sowing into their lives on a daily basis.  We need to sow the fruits of the spirit, manners, love, and character qualities that will reap a harvest later in their lives.  Even if we do not see a harvest right away, we need to remember that it takes time to reap what we sow.  It could be a season or years.

     We also need to remember that what we allow them to see and hear and who they hang out with, will also be sowing seeds in their lives that will reap later.  TV shows, movies, video games, computer time.... they will all have an effect on our children.  We need to be careful that these things are not undoing what we are training them in.  Sensor what they see and hear!  It is not sheltering them, it is raising them in an atmosphere of godly principles.

      When I was a young mom, I didn't think of these principles and I allowed some things in our home that was not godly.  I will tell you it had some repercussions.  It was a bad example for our children and they saw and heard things that I could not change.  We now use this verse found in Philippians as a way to choose what we see, do, and hear.


     What will you sow today, in order to reap godly behavior from your children tomorrow?




For some great FREE printables on prayer, click this link:  http://letsgetreal2016.blogspot.com/2016/09/free-printables-prayer.html

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad the God, the Perfect Parent, makes up for all the poor parenting I did! (and that our girls are forgiving!) next to you at ww this morning - not much of a fall here yet in CA but it's coming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I praise God everyday for His grace and mercy in our lives. He is so good!!!

      Delete