Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Thursday, September 13, 2018

Homeschool Review Crew: Our Review of Picta Dicta Natural World



     Our family has been learning Latin together over the past year so when we were chosen to receive and review Picta Dicta Natural World from Roman Roads Media, my daughter was very happy.  This program is a great supplement to what we are already studying, and will help her learn more quickly.  She loves nature so this was a great fit for her.   

     Picta Dicta Natural World is an online vocabulary study program that you can subscribe to.  We were given the 14 month subscription to review and I have to tell you that it is well worth the $49.  The $49 will get you 14 months for one user.  If you want to add more users you will only pay $10 per user on top of the $49.  I think that is a great deal and a wonderful value for what you get.  

     This program is self- paced and will help you learn the Latin words for many things in nature. This program differs from others in that they want you to be able to name these items in Latin by looking at the images instead of just translating from English to Latin. There are several different levels that you get to chose from.  They begin with Basic, English I,  Reader I, then Reader II, and for advance learners, you can chose Express.  



     Hope is an avid reader, so we chose to begin with Reader II.  We felt the first levels may be too easy as it teaches many of the English words along with the Latin words for these items in nature.  In Reader II, you are taught Latin right away.  During the entire duration of these lessons you will learn over 400 words.  I wish we would have had this program last year to give us a good foundation for our Latin classes.  

    I asked Hope if there was anything she didn't like about the program and she said no.... it's really fun and I don't even realize I am learning a different language.  I think that is awesome.  It's like a game for her.  She is enjoying it and I am happy she will continue to learn with it.  


    We were given two licenses for this program because I wanted to use it too.  So far Hope is learning at a much faster pace than I am. I think it's because she has more time to dedicate to it, but I am loving what I have learned, and will be continuing my study as well.  

     Would you like to learn more about this program?  I would encourage you to head on over to their website or check out their social media pages listed below: 
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RomanRoadsMedia   @romanroadsmedia
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/romanroadsmedia/  @romanroadsmedia
YouTude: https://www.youtube.com/user/romanroadsmedia  @romanroadsmedia
Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/romanroadsmedia  @romanroadsmedia

    
     We have more reviews of this program along with Fitting Words Classical Rhetoric and Picta Dicta Vocabulary Builder over on the Homeschool Review Crew site here
 ๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡๐Ÿ‘‡

Classical Rhetoric and Picta Dicta {Roman Roads Media Reviews}

Have a blessed day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment