Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Monday, April 12, 2021

A Childlike Faith

This is my daughter's Bible pictured above. 
Oh, to be a child again.

     Children are so trusting.  They are full of faith.  They do not question what we teach them.  They just simply believe.  What if we had that kind of powerful faith?  
       
     Then he said, "I tell you the truth, unless you turn from your sins and become like little children, you will never get into the Kingdom of Heaven. ~ Matthew 18:3

      This verse in Matthew is so powerful. This verse is telling us that we need child like faith in order to become the godly men and women that God wants us to become.  We must lean on Him and believe on Him just as our children do.  

     I know each day that I fail to have total faith in God.  I try to do things on my own and guess what?  My plans never work out the way I thought they would.  By the end of the day, I am crying out to the Lord to forgive me for not allowing Him full control of my day.  I know in my heart that His plans are so much better than mine, but that selfish and stupid part of me takes over in the morning and I forget to pray that prayer of surrender.  If only I would lay aside my schedule and open my heart to His, life would be so much better.  

     Today is a beautiful Monday.  It is a chance for us to begin a new week. One that will glorify our Father in heaven.  We can choose to have faith like a child and allow God to lead us.  It is all up to us. Our choices have a great impact on our lives as well as our children's.  They watch us. They look up to us for a godly example to follow.  What will you choose today?  


1 comment: