Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Friday, April 12, 2019

Homeschool Review Crew: Our Review of Transcripts Made Easy: The Homeschooler's Guide to High-School Paperwork


     
     When my oldest son entered high school, I had no idea how much record keeping I would be doing.  I sure wish I would have had  Transcripts Made Easy: The Homeschooler's Guide to High-School Paperwork by Janice Campbell of Everyday Education.  This book would have saved me tons of time and taken the stress out of filling out paperwork.  I am so happy that I was chosen to receive and review the PDF of this book.  It has taught me a lot and now I will not be apprehensive when making out my children's high school transcripts.

     Maybe you don't have children in high school yet and you are thinking what are transcripts?  Transcripts are the records of the courses your student takes in high school.  It is important for you to know what classes are required for graduation and to keep record of the courses that your child completed during those 4 years of high school.  Colleges will want to see these transcripts when your student applies for acceptance.  My son even needed his transcripts when he attended the Fire Academy.  

     I remember stressing over making his out.  It was my first time doing so and I didn't want to mess up.  If only I would have had a book like this to help me back then.  I encourage all homeschooling families to have this book on hand even before your child enters high school. 




     The 136 page book is broken down into 5 parts:
  • Meet the Transcripts: Here you will learn what a transcript is, who needs one, and who will be seeing the transcripts
  • Plan with the End in Mind: In this section you will learn what courses to take in high school, what standardized tests to take, and strategies for a successful first year at college
  • Keep Simple Records: Here you will be taught how to keep a high school binder and what work needs to be kept. You will also learn about special needs record keeping and resource recommendations.
  • Grades, Credit and the GPA: In this amazing section you will learn all about grading and writing evaluations.  It helps traditional and untraditional homeschoolers keep accurate and ethical records of your students grades and credits earned.
  • Create the Transcript: This part will take you step by step in creating a transcript.  Such a great help for parents! 
     At the end of the book you will find some wonderful resources listed to help you along the way as you homeschool your high school student. There are also some great reproducibles that will make record keeping a breeze.  

     I am using it right now for our youngest who just entered high school last Fall and will use it for our youngest daughter in a few years. It has been a huge blessing for our family and I feel it could really help you as well. 

     I encourage you to check out this amazing resource over on the Everyday Education website and to follow Janice's social media pages listed below: 




     We also have more reviews, written by honest homeschooling families, over here 
👇👇👇👇👇

Transcripts Made Easy: The Homeschooler's Guide to High-School Paperwork {Everyday Education Reviews}
Have a blessed weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment