Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Friday, February 8, 2019

My Word for 2019



     It took me a while to come up with my word for 2019.  Honestly, I was afraid what it would be. After praying for over a week, I came up with the word COURAGE.  This word scares me. I know it will take me out of my comfort zone.  It will stretch my faith.  I won't be able to use the excuse that something scares me. 

     The definition of courage is mental or moral strength to venture, persevere, and withstand danger, fear, or difficulty.  I had never really thought of its definition until writing this blog post. It took me a minute to let it sink in.  What is coming my way that may be difficult?  What fear will I have to face that I will need courage? Will I be able to withstand? Once the initial wave of anxiety rolled over me, I began to pray.  Right away the Lord reminded me of these verses: 


     Alone, I would not be able to accomplish the goals and plans God has for my life, but with HIM, I can!  I don't have to fear.  I just have to trust in and rely on HIM!  He will give me the strength I need to get through each and every day. 

     I will keep these verses and a few more posted around my house to help remind me that I can do this!  I can take that step of faith.  I do not need to be afraid.  

     Want to know how I knew I had chosen the right word? A day or so after I chose my word for the year, it was confirmed with a trip to the dollar store.  I know that sounds crazy huh?  But seriously, there was a wall hanging there that validated what I knew in my heart. Of course I had to buy it and place it on the doorpost of our home.  Every time I look at it, I smile.  I know God has big plans for me this year and I won't let fear stop me from accomplishing them.  




     What word did you choose for this year?  If you haven't chosen one, you still have plenty of time.  It's only February 😉  Pray about what the Lord would like you to focus on during 2019.  It could be life changing! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great word! I love when God confirms things like that! My word for 2019-transformed. I wrote about it here-https://graciousdaughteroftheking.blogspot.com/2019/01/my-word-for-2019.html

    ReplyDelete