Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Homeschool Review Crew: Our Review of A+ Interactive Math


     Do you have a tough time teaching math to your homeschool students? I know it can be a challenge for most families.  In our home, we have had only a couple of our kids who actually loved math class.  The other four needed a little more instruction and motivation to learn. When we were chosen to receive and review a year subscription to the  Family Math Package from A+ Interactive Math (by A+ TutorSoft Inc.), I was excited to see how this could help our youngest child become more proficient at math.  I had read good things about this program and was looking forward to checking it out for ourselves.  


     I have always wanted to have a math program that allowed our children to work more independently, and this resource gives me that.  The Family Math Package allows you to pick what grade level (Grades 1-6 & Pre-Algebra & Algebra) that you would like your child to complete, then they are given a lesson plan to follow right there on their screen. If you see the work is too hard or too easy, you can mix things up and go on to the next lesson or grade level. The site is easy to navigate and it allows the parent to see the progress of their children. It is so versatile!

    I love how you can buy what Family Package that best fits your needs. It is so budget friendly. They have other plans available, but I feel the best option is the yearly subscription.  You can buy a yearly subscription for up to 10 students. The pricing is based on the number of children working through the program. However, you will see the price stays the same if you have 2 or more students.  How awesome is that?  When we had 6 kiddos in our homeschool, this would have been an answer to prayer. 


     When we first logged on, I was impressed with the amount of  resources offered.  Each level gives video instructions, interactive reviews, online or printable worksheets, quizzes, and tests.  We chose to do everything online but I did look through the printables and they are very well done. 

     At first, the site was a bit intimidating for our daughter, but once I showed her how to navigate through her lessons, she caught on very quickly and didn't need my help again.  I love being able to track her with my parent dashboard. I could see where she needed more work and where she was thriving. I like that it keeps track of her grades and log in days.  It takes some pressure off of me in our record keeping.  

     Below are some screenshots of the program.  You will see the lesson being taught in first image, then some images of the interactive questions and answers.




     I asked her if she was enjoying this program and she said YES! Okay if you knew her, you would know that I wasn't expecting a yes.  She typically doesn't care for math, but this program was different.  The instructors explain things very well and in a way a student can understand the concept being taught.  The interactive videos kept her focused on the task at hand.  She also liked being able to listen to the videos more than once if she struggled to understand the first time.  Overall I would say this program is a good fit for her.  I may even use it for our son once this school year ends and we begin our new one in July.  

     I highly encourage you to head on over to their website or check out their social media pages listed below: 
    Did I forget to mention you can get a free month to try it out right now to see if it is a good fit for your family!  No strings attached!  Just head on over HERE and get signed up.  

     If you would like to read more reviews of the Family Math Package or their Adaptive Math Curriculum  come on over to the Homeschool Review Crew site 
⇊⇊⇊⇊⇊
Family & Adaptive Math Online {A+ Interactive Math Reviews}

Have a blessed week!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment