Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Monday, January 15, 2018

My Goals for 2018


     I have been contemplating what my goals for 2018 would be for the last couple of weeks.  I wanted to make a list of things I could personally work on in my day to day life.  I will print these and place them in my planner to remind myself every day of what I want to change in the new year.  These are not goals that are unattainable.  They are practical and will change my life in a positive way.  

     My first goal is to spend more time with my family.  I want to spend quality time with them.  No distractions like my phone, computer, television or my mind wandering to a million other things I need to do.  I want to focus on them. I don't want to miss out on what they are saying or doing.  Life is going by so fast.  I feel like if I don't purposely make time to be with my family, life will keep me from just being with them. I don't want to be remembered as the mom who was there, but not really there.  Does that make sense? 

     My second goal is to enjoy the little things more. I want to take in all the blessings I have been given.  I want to be more content with the wonderful life God has given to me.  I have so much to be thankful for.  Even the small things like a warm blanket on a cold winter's day is something to be so grateful for. I don't want to take anything for granted. 

     Next, I want to stop stressing about what I can not control.  Why waste precious time worrying about things I can't change?  I need to rest in the Lord and allow Him to be in control.  I don't need to fret about every little thing that comes against me. I need to pray more and worry less!!!

     Last but not least, I want to be more creative. As a perfectionist I tend to hold back in this area because what I try to create may not be "perfect".  I have to let my hair down so to speak and just try! I won't allow my need for perfection to keep me from being creative.  From painting to writing, I am going to let my heart take over and use my imagination to create new things.  I won't be fearful of it not being perfect.  

     So what are your goals for 2018? Do you have a few things you would like to work on in the new year? I would love to hear some of your goals.  Just comment below with how you are going to spend 2018. 



No comments:

Post a Comment