Just Being Us

Just Being Us
Family, where we can be real, and feel unconditional love!

Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Homeschool Review Crew: My Review of Homeschool Rescue

     I have been homeschooling for over 19 years now, but I feel I can always be learning new techniques and ways of doing things that will keep our homeschool running smoothly.  I was excited to review Homeschool Rescue from Only Passionate Curiosity.  This course is for new or veteran homeschooling moms {or dads} that would like to learn some new ways of doing things or refresh their homeschool schedules.  



     This online e-course takes about 60 days to complete.  Whether you are struggling with day to day routines or if you would just like to learn how other homeschooling families get through their days, this course is for you.  My favorite part of this course was the section that taught you how to say no with grace.  I have always been someone who wanted to help anyone, but it was wreaking havoc into our homeschool schedules.  I was taking on too much and it was wearing me out. This would cause me to be short-tempered and downright mean some days.  I saw us getting behind, but couldn't find ways to politely say no to those asking me for help.  

      The e-course has 5 different modules that you go through at your own pace. Every module consists of 1 to 5 lessons. Each module begins with a video to introduce you to what you will be learning, and then each lesson has a video for you to watch.  You will then be completing your "homework" for that lesson. There is also a list of resources and links for each lesson.   

Here is an in-depth list of what's included:
  • Module 1 
      Lesson 1: Take Your Pulse
      Lesson 2: Looking to the Future
      Lesson 3: Triage Your Homeschool
      Lesson 4: Special Circumstances

  • Module 2
     Lesson 1: Just Say No
     Lesson 2: Take Back Your Time
     Lesson 3: Teaching the Masses
     Lesson 4: Saving Time
     Lesson 5: Organization

  • Module 3
      Lesson 1: Curriculum
      Lesson 2: Pacing Guides
      Lesson 3: Supplies
      Lesson 4: Classrooms

  • Module 4
      Lesson 1: Reward Systems
      Lesson 2: Consequences
      Lesson 3: Training Children
      Lesson 4: Master the Follow Through

  • Module 5
      Lesson 1: Teaching Teens
      Lesson 2: Study Skills
      Lesson 3: Time Management

     I absolutely loved each lesson that we went through. Heather Aliano did a great job putting this course together.  The "homework"  and worksheets for each lesson reinforces and helps you work through what has been taught.  I am someone who likes having notes on paper that I can read and go over later and this course even offers that for you.  They thought of everything. I know that you would think after 19 years, I wouldn't have anything new to learn, but I find that talking with other homeschooling moms and doing courses like this, helps me to keep things new and up to date in our homeschool.  

     If you would like to learn more about this wonderful resource you can visit their website Homeschool Rescue or you can visit their social media sites: 

Twitter:  https://twitter.com/opchomeschool
Pinterest:  https://www.pinterest.com/OPChomeschool/
Instagram:  https://www.instagram.com/onlypassionatecuriosity/
Goggle+:  https://plus.google.com/b/110290451358830656260/+OnlypassionatecuriosityHomeschool

     
     There will also be some other reviews of this online e-course over on the Homeschool Review Crew site.  I know I always enjoy seeing many perspectives of a product I am praying about buying for our homeschool.  

     Have a blessed day!!!!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment